Friday, March 12, 2010

Tired of living Euthenasia law

This concept really bothers me. I would equate it to my opposition to the death penalty. The problem is that it is irreversible. There have been plenty of people, regardless of age, who have felt "tired of living" at one point in their lives but have later rediscovered their reason to live.

I would hope that any decision to do this would only be after significant psychological counselling, but my concern is that those who are doing the counselling may lessen the value of a life just because of the person's age.

I think this is a huge extension from "the right to die" when there is a medical condition and this really does bother me.

in reference to: Holland debates 'tired of living' euthanasia law (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: